-- UPDATED BASED ON CHANGES EFFECTED ON: 27 March 2020
Here is a breakdown of the 50 companies which constitute the Nifty 50. Over the last decade, while sectoral weight-age has remained largely similar, the constituent companies have constantly changed.
NSE has made the following changes in the composition of Nifty 50 index effective from March 27, 2020.
- Yes Bank
- Shree Cements
Notable Facts: Updated on 15 April 2020
- Financial Services and Information Technology contribute 51.55% to the overall weight-age.
- Financial Services – 36.51% and IT – 15.04%
- There are only 3 Pharmaceutical companies. India is amongst the biggest pharmaceutical exporters in the world.
- Of all things, cigarettes still have a dominant weight-age ~4.18% in the pie.
- No modern-day e-commerce businesses find a place in the Nifty. Compare this with the U.S. where Facebook, Amazon, e-Bay, and Yahoo are all part of the NASDAQ 100.
- The breakup hardly showcases India as a developing economy. Construction and cement put together contribute 5.01%. Energy and power is at 14.73%
- 8 out of the 9 financial services companies are private sector banks and NBFCs. Consider the fact that in India, there are 24 listed public sector banks and only 16 listed private sector banks. This is significantly different from how things were a decade back.
Full List of Nifty 50 Companies
|Industry||Security Name||Weightage (%)|
|Automobile||Bajaj Auto Ltd.||0.74|
|Hero MotoCorp Ltd.||0.58|
|Eicher Motors Ltd.||0.51|
|Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.||0.76|
|Maruti Suzuki India Ltd.||1.59|
|Tata Motors Ltd.||0.36|
|Cement||Grasim Industries Ltd.||0.52|
|Shree Cement Ltd.||0.65|
|UltraTech Cement Ltd.||1.05|
|Consumer Goods||Hindustan Unilever Ltd.||4.59|
|Britannia Industries Ltd.||0.88|
|Nestle India Ltd.||1.62|
|Titan Company Ltd.||1.09|
|Asian Paints Ltd.||2.1|
|Energy||Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Ltd.||0.7|
|Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd.||1.14|
|Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd.||0.71|
|Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.||0.58|
|Reliance Industries Ltd.||10.06|
|GAIL (India) Ltd.||0.4|
|Engineering||Larsen & Toubro Ltd.||2.79|
|Financial Services||Axis Bank Ltd.||2.39|
|HDFC Bank Ltd.||10.42|
|ICICI Bank Ltd.||5.85|
|IndusInd Bank Ltd.||0.59|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd.||4.85|
|State Bank of India||2.11|
|Bajaj Finance Ltd.||1.64|
|Bajaj Finserv Ltd.||0.78|
|Housing Development Finance Corporation Ltd.||7.88|
|Information Technology||HCL Technologies Ltd.||1.32|
|Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.||5.36|
|Tech Mahindra Ltd.||0.98|
|Media & Entertainment||Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd.||0.32|
|Metals & Mining||Hindalco Industries Ltd.||0.39|
|JSW Steel Ltd.||0.41|
|Tata Steel Ltd.||0.57|
|Coal India Ltd.||0.82|
|Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd.||1.06|
|Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.||1.06|
|Shipping||Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd.||0.54|
|Telecom||Bharti Infratel Ltd.||0.38|
|Bharti Airtel Ltd.||2.75|
LOOKING FOR A FINANCIAL ADVISOR? WANT TO OPEN A PMS ACCOUNT? FILL IN YOUR DETAILS BELOW
To Discuss Investment options across Stocks, Mutual Fund and PMS Schemes. Leave your Whatsapp message @ 9833905054 or Email at [email protected]asecurities.com.