-- UPDATED BASED ON CHANGES EFFECTED ON: 29 March 2019
Here is a breakdown of the 50 companies which constitute the Nifty 50. Over the last decade, while sectoral weight-age has remained largely similar, the constituent companies have constantly changed.
NSE has made the following changes in the composition of Nifty 50 index effective from March 29, 2019.
Notable Facts: Updated on 10 May 2019
- Financial Services and Information Technology contribute 52.41% to the overall weight-age.
- Financial Services – 37.94% and IT – 14.46%
- There are 5 Pharmaceutical companies. India is amongst the biggest pharmaceutical exporters in the world.
- Of all things, cigarettes still have a dominant weight-age ~6% in the pie.
- No modern day e-commerce businesses finds place in the Nifty. Compare this with the U.S. where Facebook, Amazon, e-Bay and Yahoo are all part of the NASDAQ 100.
- The breakup hardly showcases India as a developing economy. Construction and cement put together contribute 5.54%. Energy and power is at 14.96%
- 7 out of the 11 financial services companies are private sector banks. Consider the fact that in India, there are 24 listed public sector banks and only 16 listed private sector banks. This is significantly different from how things were a decade back.
Full List of Nifty 50 Companies
|Industry||Company Name||Weightage (%)|
|Mahindra & Mahindra||1.27|
|Maruti Suzuki India||1.87|
|Financial Services||Axis Bank||3.16|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank||3.91|
|State Bank of India||2.45|
|Indiabulls Housing Finance||0.49|
|Information Technology||HCL Technologies||1.36|
|Tata Consultancy Services||5.01|
|Consumer Goods||Hindustan Unilever||2.65|
|Engineering||Larsen & Toubro||3.51|
|Metals & Mining||Coal India||0.89|
|Power Grid Corporation of India||0.91|
|Indian Oil Corporation||0.79|
|Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories||0.75|
|Sun Pharmaceutical Industries||1.07|
|Media & Entertainment||Zee Entertainment Enterprises||0.51|
LOOKING FOR A FINANCIAL ADVISOR? WANT TO OPEN A PMS ACCOUNT? FILL IN YOUR DETAILS BELOW
To Discuss Investment options across Stocks, Mutual Fund and PMS Schemes. Leave your Whatsapp message @ 9833905054 or Email at email@example.com.