Here is a breakdown of the 50 companies which constitute the CNX Nifty. Over the last decade, while sectoral weight-age has remained largely similar, the constituent companies have constantly changed.
NSE has made the following changes in the composition of Nifty 50 index effective from April 1, 2017.
- Idea Cellular
- Indian Oil Corporation
- Indiabulls Housing Finance
Notable Facts: Updated on 4 May 2017
- Financial Services and Information Technology contribute 45.46% to the overall weight-age.
- There are 5 Pharmaceutical companies. India is amongst the biggest pharmaceutical exporters in the world.
- Of all things, cigarettes still have a dominant weight-age in the pie.
- No modern day e-commerce businesses find place in the CNX Nifty. Compare this with the U.S. where Facebook, Amazon, e-Bay and Yahoo are all part of the NASDAQ 100.
- The breakup hardly showcases India as a developing economy. Construction, Infrastructure, Industrial manufacturing and cement put together contribute 6.88%. Energy and power is at 12.05%
- 7 out of the 9 financial services companies are private sector banks. Consider the fact that in India, there are 24 listed public sector banks and only 16 listed private sector banks. This is significantly different from how things were a decade back.
|Dr. Reddy’s Lab||0.90|
|Information Technology||HCL Technologies||1.32|
|Mahindra & Mahindra||1.79|
|Tata Motors Ltd. (DVR)||0.41|
|Financial Services||Axis Bank||2.49|
|Bank of Baroda||0.51|
|Indiabulls Housing Finance||0.94|
|Kotak Mahindra Bank||3.10|
|State Bank of India||2.65|
|Consumer Goods||Asian Paints||1.45|
|Construction||Larsen & Toubro||4.12|
|Media & Entertainment||Zee Entertainment||0.83|
|Shipping||Adani Ports and Special Economic Zone Ltd.||0.76|
You May Also Like:
LOOKING FOR A FINANCIAL ADVISOR? WANT TO OPEN A TRADING ACCOUNT? FILL IN YOUR DETAILS BELOW
To Discuss Investment options across Stocks, Mutual Fund and PMS Schemes. Leave your Whatsapp message @ 9833905054 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org.