The table below showcases 5 year Nifty performance.
Note: This is based on the current constituent companies of the Nifty.
Let me rearrange the above chart in descending order of returns. The results do tell a story:
- 39 of the 50 Stocks have risen over the past 5 year period.
- During the same period the benchmark Nifty appreciated by 31.4%.
- Sectors that performed well – Private banking, IT, Automobiles and Pharmaceuticals.
- Under-performance – Oil & Gas (keep in mind that Cairn India was part of the Nifty until a few months back), Metals, Infrastructure and Power.
- The top 30 companies in the chart above have each grown at a CAGR of 10%+. Making stocks of each of these companies the best available investment avenues in hindsight (i.e. 5 years back).
- Based on previous track record of the Nifty: watch out for stocks in the infrastructure, oil & gas, metals and power space over the next 5 year period.
Here’s a table on the performance of Nifty stocks of April 2011. 14 companies marked in Grey got removed from the CNX Nifty basket over the past 5 years – i.e. between April 2011 to now. 12 of these 14 companies are in deep red, 1 got merged.
LOOKING FOR A FINANCIAL ADVISOR? WANT TO OPEN A PMS ACCOUNT? FILL IN YOUR DETAILS BELOW
To Discuss Investment options across Stocks, Mutual Fund and PMS Schemes. Leave your Whatsapp message @ 9833905054 or Email at firstname.lastname@example.org.